Saturday, March 3, 2012

Free Digital Copy - Quilt of Faith & Quilt of Joy by Mary Tatem

FREE DIGITAL COPY ON BARNES & NOBLE, CHRISTIAN BOOK AND AMAZON
                                                       
Quilt of FaithAbout Book  
                                                                                                    
Quilters understand with every stitch how God can make even scraps wonderfully new and striking with a little time, imagination, and love. In these touching books, Mary Tatem pieces together spiritual insights and stories of quilters into devotionals that feature some of the most beloved and recognizable quilt patterns in America. Readers will discover the historical background of each pattern and be enchanted by the spiritual reflections on joy, faith, creativity, gratitude, patience, hope, and more. Encouragement, inspiration, and celebration--as well as some great stories--await readers as they discover that, in God's design, even the smallest scraps or most frayed fragments can be fashioned into something new, complete, comfort-giving, and beautiful.


FREE DIGITAL COPY ON BARNES & NOBLE, CHRISTIAN BOOK AND AMAZON

About Book


Quilters understand with every stitch how God can make even scraps wonderfully new and striking with a little time, imagination, and love. In these touching books, Mary Tatem pieces together spiritual insights and stories of quilters into devotionals that feature some of the most beloved and recognizable quilt patterns in America. Readers will discover the historical background of each pattern and be enchanted by the spiritual reflections on joy, faith, creativity, gratitude, patience, hope, and more. Encouragement, inspiration, and celebration--as well as some great stories--await readers as they discover that, in God's design, even the smallest scraps or most frayed fragments can be fashioned into something new, complete, comfort-giving, and beautiful.



Also available from this same author at the same stores.
ChristianBook.com HARDCOVER $2.99
Quilt of Life: A Patchwork of Inspirational Thoughts
By: Mary Tatem

Quilt of Life: A Patchwork of Inspirational Thoughts  -     
        By: Mary Tatem
    
ABOUT BOOK  


You’ll be inspired by stories of faith and hope in this unique collection of quilting-themed devotions. And you might even pick up some practical quilting ideas (since each devotional includes a helpful quilting tip). Whether you create quilts or simply enjoy their beauty and warmth, you’ll find encouragement in The Quilt of Life.                                                              

Author Mary Tatem


About Mary


I was born in Indiana, and attended Duke University in North Carolina. There, I majored in English and minored in History and prayed I’d find the husband God wanted for me. Thankfully, I met Roger Tatem, a dashing electrical engineer (yes, electrical engineers can be quite dashing). We fell madly in love and married. After graduation, he became a Navy pilot, and we traveled across the country to his various duty stations.


While my husband served our country, I stayed home to raise our children–three boys and a girl. Although I was blessed with parents who took me to church regularly as a child, it took the pressures of raising children in an imperfect world to propel me to ask Jesus Christ, my Savior, to also become my Lord. This single choice changed my life and gave me a purpose. Serving Him through encouraging people is my passion and my call.

Now, with four grown children, fifteen grandchildren and two great grandchildren, my life is rich with tea parties, games, hugs and kisses. In between these happy moments, I spend my time weaving words into books, and plying a needle with the ambition to hand-make a quilt for each great grandchild. These two hobbies lead to my book, The Quilt of Life, and then to another book, and another.

Now I’m hard at work on a new fiction series, inspired in part by the rich history of the Williamsburg, Virginia area, which we now call home.

You can also come say hello on my Facebook page or send me a note through my Contact page, and tell me about your favorite quilt.  


Video

Mary Tatem is a popular speaker to women’s groups and churches on marriage, family relationships, and the grace of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love comments so please leave me some interesting tidbits.